Effective Date: August 3, 2013
The Special Operations Association, Inc. (SOA) respects
your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Statement applies to personal
information we collect on http://specialoperations.org/ and other official
SOA sites (including mobile sites) that link to this Privacy Statement, and
the forms on third-party sites and applications that link to this Privacy
Statement. The credit-related areas of the Site are covered by different
privacy notices that appear on the credit application pages or that you
receive in connection with your credit accounts, as applicable; the term
"Site" does not refer to these areas. In some cases, a website or online
service covered by this Privacy Statement may provide additional detail
about privacy practices specific to the website or online service.
This Privacy Statement describes the types of personal information we collect on the Site, how we may use that information and with whom we may share it. The Privacy Statement also describes the measures we take to protect the security of the personal information. We also tell you how you can reach us to ask us to update your preferences regarding how we communicate with you or answer any questions you may have about our privacy practices.
Information We Collect
You may choose to provide us with personal information
(such as name, contact details and payment information), such as:
• Contact information, such as your name, address, telephone number, and email address, and your title or occupation.
• Payment information, such as your payment card number and expiration date.
• Date of birth.
• The unique ID number associated with certain accounts.
• Personal information in communications and other content you submit, such as photographs, product information and details about your projects and property.
• Personal information you submit in your capacity as an independent contractor of SOA, such as gender, ethnicity and identification numbers such as your NRDS ID number.
Information We Collect by Automated Means
When you use our Site, we may collect certain
information by automated means, using technologies such as cookies, Web
Cookies are files that websites send to your computer or other Internet-connected device to uniquely identify your browser or to store information or settings on your device. Our Site may use HTTP cookies, HTML5 cookies, Flash cookies and other types of local storage (such as browser-based or plugin-based local storage). Your browser may tell you how to be notified when you receive certain types of cookies and how to restrict or disable certain cookies. You also may be able to delete your Flash cookies or adjust your Flash cookie settings by visiting the Adobe Flash Website Storage Settings Panel and Global Storage Settings Panel. Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Site or other websites and online services.
We may use third-party Web analytics services on our Site, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers use the technology described above to help us analyze how users use the Site. The information collected by the technology (including your IP address) will be disclosed to these service providers, who use the information to evaluate your use of the Site. We may use the information collected through automated means to provide a better tailored shopping experience and for market research, data analytics and system administration purposes, such as to determine whether you've visited us before or are new to the Site, and for compliance with our legal obligations, policies and procedures. We also may use this information to target custom content and ads to you on this and other websites, including as described in the Interest-Based Advertising section below.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use the information we collect through the Site
• Provide, administer and communicate with you about products, services, events and promotions (including by sending you newsletters, coupons and other marketing communications).
• Process, record and track your purchases, payments and rebates.
• Process, evaluate and respond to your requests, inquiries and applications.
• Manage our customer information databases.
• Operate registrations, for SOA events.
• Administer contests, sweepstakes and surveys.
• Create, administer and communicate with you about your membership, purchases, or official SOA matters.
• With respect to personal information we collect through our SOA Website, evaluate your application for membership and contact you regarding possible membership in SOA.
• Operate, evaluate and improve our business (including developing new products and services; managing our communications; performing market research, data analytics and data appends; determining and managing the effectiveness of our advertising and marketing; analyzing our products, services and Site; administering our Site; and performing accounting, auditing, billing, reconciliation and collection activities).
• Protect against and prevent fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims and other liabilities, and manage risk exposure and quality.
• Comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, industry standards and our policies and terms.
We also may use the information in other ways for which we provide notice at the time of the collection.
Sharing of Information
We may share personal information we collect on the
Site with certain service providers, some of whom may use the information
for their own purposes. We also may share your information among our
affiliates, joint marketing partners and companies that fulfill orders
placed with us, who may send you marketing information. In addition, we may
share personal information we collect on the Site at your request.
We may disclose information about you (i) if we are required to do so by law, regulation or legal process, such as a court order or subpoena; (ii) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; or (iii) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical, financial or other harm, injury or loss; (iv) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual unlawful activity; or (v) to assist in collecting debt owed by you.
We reserve the right to transfer personal information we have about you in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including, without limitation, in the event of a reorganization, dissolution or liquidation). Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to direct the transferee to use personal information you have provided to us in a manner that is consistent with our Privacy Statement.
To be removed from all of SOA official email, telephone
and postal mail marketing, choose one of the following options: email
email@example.com and type "REMOVE FROM ALL MARKETING" in
the subject line, or send your request by mail to: Treasurer SOA, 934 Ashton
Oaks Circle, Lakeland, Florida 33813.
For any of these options, please include your name, address, phone number and email address in the request, and let us know how you provided us with the information.
Notice to California Customers:
Subject to certain limitations under California Civil Code § 1798.83, if you are a California resident, you may ask us to provide you with (i) a list of certain categories of personal information that we have disclosed to certain third parties for their direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and (ii) the identity of certain third parties that received personal information from us for their direct marketing purposes during that calendar year. To make such a request, please contact us as follows, Treasurer SOA, Attn: Privacy California, 934 Ashton Oaks Circle, Lakeland, Florida 33813.
How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards to protect the personal information you provide on our Site against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, loss, alteration, access, disclosure or use and other unlawful forms of processing.
Links to Other Websites
This Site contains links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may be operated by companies not affiliated with us. Linked websites, including those operated by SOA, may have their own privacy notices, which we strongly suggest you review if you visit them. We are not responsible for the content of any websites that we do not control, any use of those websites or the privacy practices of those websites.
Updates to Our Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement may be updated periodically and without prior notice to you to reflect changes in our personal information practices or relevant laws. We will post a notice on the SOA web site and certain other parts of the Site to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Statement and indicate at the top of the Privacy Statement when it was updated.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Statement, or if you would like us to update information we have about you or your preferences, please contact us as indicated below. When you contact us about personal information we hold about you, please let us know where you provided us with the information by mail: SOA Treasurer ,934 Ashton Oaks Circle, Lakeland, Florida 33813.